PLEASE KINDLY NOTE:
1. Documents for legalization must be submitted at Visa Section, Royal Thai Embassy, on Monday – Friday from 09:00 – 12:00 hours. (except national holidays)
2. Legalization process takes approximately 7 - 10 business days.
3. Legalization fee can only be paid with cash at the Visa Section
4. To allow other person to get the legalization service on your behalf, a Power of Attorney is required. (A Power of Attorney must be signed by yourself and the appointed representative as well as 2 witnesses. It also needs to be notarized to be effective.)
5. Royal Thai Embassy accepts only the translation document from professional translators in Switzerland.
5.1. If your document is translated by professional translator in Thailand, please get your translation document legalized by Legalization Division of Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Thailand
5.2. If your document is translated by professional translators from other countries than Switzerland or Thailand, the Royal Thai Embassy is not able to legalize it.
6. All document, from Thailand, Switzerland, and Lichtenstein, must be legalized by official authority before translation / submitting at Royal Thai Embassy.
7. All document must be less than 6 months old (after legalization from official authority) at the time the document is submitted at Royal Thai Embassy.
Except the Attestation of Single Status must be less than 3 months old at the time the document is submitted at Royal Thai Embassy.
Types of Document from SWITZERLAND:
- Married Certificate
- Court Order
- Death Certificate
- Confirmation of Last Name Change
- Confirmation of Single Status (must be less than 3 months old)
- Confirmation Letter from Government School
- Transcript from Government School
- Criminal Record
- Statutory Military Service Attestation
- Letter of Parental Consent for Child’s Traveling
- Letter of Spousal Consent for Buying-Selling Property in Thailand
- Private Power of Attorney
- Public Power of Attorney
- Confirmation Letter from Private School
- Transcript from Private School
- Confirmation letter from Company
- Copy of ID card
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of driving license
- Free Sales Certificate
- Certification of Origin
- Guarantee Letter
- Commercial Registration
- Customer Satisfaction Letter
- Certificate of Origin
- Certificate of Inspection
- Certificate of Analysis
- Beneficiary’s certificate, ect.
Please follow the instruction as follows:
- Get the original document legalized by State Chancellery OR Swiss Federal Chancellery OR State Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Get the original document translated (if required)
- Get the original document and translation document (if any) legalized by Royal Thai Embassy in Bern
1) Application form for Legalization or Company / Organization Introduction letter 1
2) Original document, translation document (If any) 2, and a copy of all pages
3) Fee of CHF 20 per one original document
4) Fee of CHF 20 per one translation document (If applicable) 3
5) For Thai citizen; a copy of Thai passport / ID, and Thai house registration
6) If you wish to receive the document back via post, please provide a return envelope with recipient's name, address and postage stamps of total CHF 7 (Registered mail up to 250 g.)
- Get all document legalized by Legalization Division of Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Thailand
- Submit your document where it is required
1 To allow other person to get the legalization service on your behalf, a Power of Attorney is required. (A Power of Attorney must be signed by yourself and the appointed representative as well as 2 witnesses. It also needs to be notarized to be effective.)
2 The translation should be done by a professional or sworn translator who is able to translate the document accurately. The translator should also maintain the form of the original document as much as possible.
3 The legalization fee for court order translation is CHF 20 per every 100 words.