For those who wish to receive a medical treatment in Thailand
- If the treatment is less than 60 days, a tourist visa type “MT” with single entry will be granted.
- If the treatment is longer than 60 days, a non-immigrant visa type “O” will be granted.
- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
- Completed visa application form
- 2 recent passport-sized photographs taken within the past 6 months
- Confirmed air ticket
- An original medical certificate issued from the country where the application is submitted.
- Confirmation letter or admission letter from the hospital stating patient’s name and appointment
- Hospital or Clinic registration
- A copy of a bank statement of the past 3 months
- For non-Swiss nationals, a copy of valid residence permit to stay in Switzerland (Permit C only)
- Visa Fee of 80 CHF in cash only
- In case that applicant’s passport shall be sent back by post, an envelope with applicant’s address and CHF 6.30 of stamps are required.
- The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary and reserves the right to reject any application without having to provide reason
- Extension of stay and Re-Entry Permit can be requested at the Immigration Bureau. For further information, please visit www.immigration.go.th or contact +66 (0) 2 209 1100.