Non-Immigrant Visa “O-X” (Long Stay)
On 22 November 2016, the Cabinet of Thailand approved new scheme which allows nationals from 14 countries to stay in Thailand for the maximum period of 10 years. In order to enjoy this new scheme, the applicants must apply for Non-Immigrant Visa “O-X” (Long Stay) or so called Non-O-X Visa at the Royal Thai Embassy/Royal Thai Consulate-General (when applying outside Thailand) or the Immigration Bureau (when applying in Thailand).
The purpose of this type of visa is to promote long stay for foreign traveler to Thailand. Nationals from 14 countries with the age of 50 years old or over can apply for a multiple-entry Non-O-X visa and stay in the Kingdom for the maximum period of 10 years (5 years according to visa validity plus an extension for another 5 years). The visa fee is 350 CHF.
1. Age of 50 years old or over
2. Applicants must hold passport and nationality of (1) Japan (2) Australia (3) Denmark (4) Finland (5) France (6) Germany (7) Italy (8) Netherlands (9) Norway (10) Sweden (11) Switzerland (12) United Kingdom (13) Canada (14) United States of America
3. Financial qualifications
The money in (a) and (b) must be kept in bank account at least 1 year before withdrawing and, within another next year, the money must be left in the account with
the amount of not less than 1.5 million Baht and can only be spent in Thailand.
4. Applicants must have no forbidden diseases according to the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E. 2535) which include Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Elephantiasis, drug addiction and third stage of Syphilis.
5. Applicants must have Thai medical insurance during their stay in Thailand (per the approval of the Office of Insurance Commission) and medical claims for outpatient must not be less than 40,000 Baht, for inpatient must not be less than 400,000 Baht.
1. Passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of travel.
2. Three (3) application forms and 3 photographs (size 4 X 6 cm. taken within the last 6 months)
3. One biography
4. Financial evidence
4.1 Certificate of bank deposit stating bank contact information with copy of bank book or bank statement which shows updated fixed deposit no longer than 1 month with the amount of not less than 3 million Baht deposited in Thai bank located in Thailand;
4.2 Certificate of bank deposit stating bank contact information with copy of bank book or bank statement which shows fixed deposit with the amount of not less than 1.8 million Baht deposited in Thai bank located in Thailand and certificate of annual income with the amount of not less than 1.2 million Baht (local currency equivalent) per year. (Once the applicants enter Thailand, they must have accumulated money deposited in Thai bank located in Thailand not less than 3 million Baht within 1 year.)
5. Certificate of criminal record clearance from the country of nationality. In case the applicants have permanent residence in other country, they must provide the aforementioned document from both country of nationality and country of permanent residence.
6. Medical certificate from the country where the applicants apply visa stating that applicants don’t have any prohibited diseases according to the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E.2535) which include Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Elephantiasis, drug addiction, third stage of Syphilis. The medical certificate must not be issued over 3 months.
7. Copy of evidence stating that applicants have insurance as per stipulated by the Office of Insurance Commission and health insurance of Thailand which has insurance money for outpatient not less than 40,000 Baht and for inpatient not less than 400,000 Baht. Please check http://longstay.tgia.org for more information regarding the insurance requirement.
8. Visa fee : 350 CHF
Spouse and child, age under 20 years old, can apply for Non-O-X visa and must have the following required documents
9. Spouse (no age restriction) must show a copy of marriage certificate together with documents stated in 1-8.
10. Child age under 20 years old must show a copy of birth certificate or proof of legitimate child and also have to submit documents number 1-3, 7 and 8
Other Useful Information
1) Can work as a volunteer (in accordance with the list of volunteer work as stipulated by the Department of Employment).
2) Can purchase vehicle (under the provision of laws on motor vehicles).
3) Can purchase condominium (proceed in accordance with the Condominium Act).
1) Foreigners do not have financial evidence as per stipulated by above qualifications such as:
- The sum of money in the bank account is less than 3 million Baht at the end of the first year of stay period in Thailand.
- the sum of money in the bank account is less than 1.5 million Baht at the end of the second year of stay period in Thailand, and/or the money in said account was spent outside Thailand.
2) Foreigners do not have insurance as per stipulated by above qualifications.
3) Foreigners pose threat to peace and security of Thailand.
4) Foreigners work without permission.