- The Royal Thai Embassy do not accept any visa application via post. Applicant can ONLY apply for a visa personally at the counter from Monday-Friday (except national holidays) between 9:00-12:00hr. Appointment is required. For booking an appointment online, please Click here.
- Visa application takes approximately 2 weeks after the receipt of complete documents. Incomplete documents will not be proceeded further. Therefore, applicant should apply for a visa at least 1 month before departure.
- Travelers who hold a travel documents (Reiseausweis) must apply for a visa before entering Thailand and can ONLY apply for a visa at the Royal Thai Embassy in Berne.
- Applicants with residence permit in the following cantons can apply for a Tourist Visa, Transit Visa, Non-Immigrant Visa (single entry only) – B (only for business meeting), ED, and O at our General Consulates as follows:
- Residence in cantons of Basel-Stadt and Basel-Landschaft, please apply at Royal Thai Honorary Consulate-General in Basel.
- Residence in cantons of Geneva and Vaud, please apply at Royal Thai Honorary Consulate in Geneva.
- Residence in cantons of Zurich, Schwyz, Glarus, Zug, Schaffhausen, both Appenzell, St. Gallen, Aargau and Thurgau, please apply at Royal Thai Honorary Consulate-General in Zurich.
- Applicants who wish to apply for other type of visas or have residence in other cantons apart from the above mentioned, can ONLY apply for visa at the Royal Thai Embassy in Berne.
- For passport holders of nationals on the list below can ONLY apply for a visa personally at the Royal Thai Embassy in Berne.
Central African Republic
Republic of the Congo
Democratic Republic of the Congo
São Tomé and Príncipe
and all other African countries
*Please be informed that visa application of these nationals takes approximately 3 weeks, except Afghanistan, Iraq, and North Korea which can take up to 12-20 weeks.