Standard Process for foreigners who wish to work in Thailand
Required Documents for applying for a non-immigrant B visa
- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
- Completed visa application form
- 2 recent passport-sized photographs taken within the past 6 months
- Approval letter (WP.3) issued by the Ministry Labour and Social Welfare. In order to obtain this letter, the applicant’s prospective employer in Thailand is required to submit Form WP.3 at the office of Foreign Workers Administration, Department of Employment Tel: +66 (0) 2-245-2745, or at the Provincial Employment Office.
- Confirmation letter from the employer, stating the applicant’s position, salary, and qualifications.
- Working contract
- Supporting documents of hiring company in Thailand as shown below
- Copy of company profile
- Copy of operating location of the company
- Copy of Business Registration or Thai Business License, issued by the Department of Commercial Registration under the Ministry of Commerce
- Copy of list of shareholders of the company
- Copy of list of foreign workers stating names, nationalities, and positions
- Map indicating location of the company
- Copy of balance sheet over the last 1 year
- Copy of current Statement of Income Tax and Business Tax (Por Ngor Dor 50 and Por Por 30) with a copy of the payment receipt (not older than 6 months)
- Copy of value-added tax registration (Por Por 20)
- For non-Swiss nationals, a copy of valid residence permit to stay in Switzerland
- Confirmed air ticket
- Resume and proof of education e.g. school certificate, and degrees
- For applicant who has previously worked in Thailand, a copy of Work Permit issued by the Ministry of Labour, Alien Income Tax or Por Ngor Dor 91
- Visa Fee of 80 CHF in cash only
- In case that applicant’s passport shall be sent back by post, an envelope with applicant’s address and CHF 6.30 of stamps are required. The Royal Thai Embassy does not accept any responsibility for any kind of loss or damage from post service.
- The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary and reserves the right to reject any application without having to provide reason
- Visa will be granted for a single entry only. Upon arrival, travellers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period not exceeding 90 days per entry.
- Extension of stay and Re-Entry Permit can be requested at the Immigration Bureau. For further information, please visit www.immigration.go.th or contact +66 (0) 2 209 1100