Volunteer in a NGO or a charity organization
(c) For those who volunteer for an NGO or a charity organization
- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
- Completed visa application form
- 2 recent passport-sized photographs taken within the past 6 months
- Confirmed air ticket
- Confirmation letter issued by the NGO or charity organization, stating duration of stay, and duties
- Copy of passport of the organization director
- For a Thai NGO, a copy of the organization’s registration
- For a foreign NGO, a copy of approval letter for operation in Thailand
- For volunteered teacher, an original criminal record issued by concerned authorities in the country of residence with validity not less than 3 months
- For non-Swiss nationals, a copy of valid residence permit to stay in Switzerland
- Visa Fee of 80 CHF in cash only
- In case that applicant’s passport shall be sent back by post, an envelope with applicant’s address and CHF 7 of stamps are required. The embassy does not accept any responsibility for any kind of loss or damage from post service.
- The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary and the right to reject any application without having to provide a reason.
- Visa will be granted for a single entry only. Upon arrival, travellers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period not exceeding 90 days per entry.
- Extension of stay and Re-Entry Permit can be requested at the Immigration Bureau. For further information, please visit www.immigration.go.th or contact +66 (0) 2 209 1100