Study in Thailand (private schools, universities, or language schools)
Non-Immigrant Visa Category ‘ED’
(Studying / Attending training course or study tour organized by government agencies,
state enterprises, and international organizations in Thailand)
(a) For those who attend a registered school
- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
- Completed visa application form
- 2 recent passport-sized photographs taken within the past 6 months
- Confirmed air ticket
- Enrolment letter from the school
- Letter of acceptance from the concerned accredited school, university or academic institution
- Confirmation letter issued by Thai authorities overseeing the concerned academic institution e.g. Office of the Private Education Commission
- Evidence of adequate funding e.g. copy of bank statement of the last 3 months, bank balance certificate. If having a financial supporter, information about his finance status, employment, and relationship with the applicant must be provided.
- For non-Swiss nationals, a copy of valid residence permit to stay in Switzerland
- Visa Fee of 80 CHF in cash only
- In case that applicant’s passport shall be sent back by post, an envelope with applicant’s address and CHF 7 of stamps are required. The embassy does not accept any responsibility for any kind of loss or damage from post service.
- The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary and the right to reject any application without having to provide a reason.
- Visa will be granted for a single entry only. Upon arrival, travellers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period not exceeding 90 days per entry.
- Extension of stay and Re-Entry Permit can be requested at the Immigration Bureau. For further information, please visit www.immigration.go.th or contact +66 (0) 2 209 1100.
To make an appointment for visa application submission, please click here