Retirement visa / Marriage Visa (for those who have family member with Thai nationality)
(a) For those who visit or join family member who has a Thai nationality
- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
- Completed visa application form
- 2 recent passport-sized photographs taken within the past 6 months
- Confirmed air ticket
- Copy a valid marriage certificate or copy of birth certificate
- Supporting documents of the relevant immediate family member
- Copy of Thai Identification
- Copy of Thai passport
- Copy of house registration (Ta-Bien-Bann)
- A copy of a bank statement showing a deposit at the amount equal to no less than 400,000 Baht, or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly salary of no less than 40,000 Baht
- For non-Swiss nationals, a copy of valid residence permit to stay in Switzerland
- Visa Fee of 80 CHF for single entry or 185 CHF for multiple entries in cash only
- In case that applicant’s passport shall be sent back by post, an envelope with applicant’s address and CHF 7 of stamps are required. The embassy does not accept any responsibility for any kind of loss or damage from post service.
- The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary and the right to reject any application without having to provide a reason.
- Multiple entries may be granted upon case-by-case basis and only when submitting the guarantee letter from the family member or the guarantor in Thailand.
- Upon arrival, travellers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period not exceeding 90 days per entry.
- Extension of stay and Re-Entry Permit can be requested at the Immigration Bureau. For further information, please visit www.immigration.go.th or contact +66 (0) 2 209 1100.
To make an appointment for visa application submission, please click here