Joining family member who resides in Thailand
For those who join family member who has residence in Thailand
Please kindly note that visa application takes approximately within 5-7 working days after the receipt of completed required documents. Applicant can ONLY personally apply for a visa 3-10 weeks before the travelling date at the counter of Visa Section at Royal Thai Embassy in Bern from Monday – Friday from 09:00 – 12:00 hours. (except national holidays) We accept both appointments and walk-ins.
1. Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
2. Completed visa application form
3. 2 recent passport-sized photographs taken within the past 6 months (3.5 x 4.5 cm.)
4. A copy of travel booking or ticket reservation (from Switzerland to Thailand, and (if any) outbound flight from Thailand or from one of our neighbouring countries)
5. Copy a valid marriage certificate or copy of birth certificate
6. Supporting documents of the relevant immediate family member who lives in Thailand
7. A copy of a bank statement showing a deposit at the amount equal to no less than 500,000 Baht
8. For non-Swiss nationals, a copy of valid residence permit to stay in Switzerland (front and back side)
9. Visa Fee of 80 CHF in cash only
10. In case that applicant’s passport shall be sent back by post, an envelope with applicant’s address and CHF 6.30 of stamps are required. The embassy does not accept any responsibility for any kind of loss or damage from post service.