Retirement Visa (Foreigners who wish to retire in Thailand)
(d) For those who wish to retire in Thailand
In order to apply for this type of visa applicant must be 50 years of age and above on the date of submitting an application and must be Swiss citizen or have permanent residence in Swit-zerland (Permit C).
- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
- Completed visa application form
- 2 recent passport-sized photographs taken within the past 6 months
- Confirmed air ticket
- A copy of a bank statement of the past 3 months (amount equal to no less than 800,000 Bahh), or an income certificate with a monthly salary of no less than 65,000 Baht.
- An original criminal record issued by the country of applicant’s current residence. The verification shall be valid for no more than 3 months.
- An original medical certificate issued from the country where the application is submitted. Applicant must not have prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E 2535) which are (1) Leprosy (2) Tuberculosis (3) Elephantiasis (4) Drug addiction, and (5) third phase of Syphilis
- Notice of Departure from Switzerland (Abmeldungsbestätigung)
- Apartment/house rental/buying contract in Thailand
- For non-Swiss nationals, a copy of valid residence permit to stay in Switzerland (Permit C only)
- Visa Fee of 80 CHF in cash only
- In case that applicant’s passport shall be sent back by post, an envelope with applicant’s address and CHF 7 of stamps are required. The embassy does not accept any responsibility for any kind of loss or damage from post service.
- The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary and the right to reject any application without having to provide a reason.
- Visa will be granted for a single entry only. Upon arrival, travellers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period not exceeding 90 days per entry.
- Extension of stay and Re-Entry Permit can be requested at the Immigration Bureau. For further information, please visit www.immigration.go.th or contact +66 (0) 2 209 1100