Document from SWITZERLAND Home > Document from SWITZERLAND

LEGALIZATION SERVICE at The Royal Thai Embassy in Bern

(Legalization of signature and translation)


Please follow the instructions as follow:


1. Get the original document legalized by State Chancellery or Swiss Federal Chancellery or State Chamber of Commerce and Industry, depending on the types of documents.


2. If required, get the original document translated by accredited translators.


3. Send ALL documents listed below BY POST to the Royal Thai Embassy (Kirchstrasse 56, 3097 Liebefeld-Berne):

  • Legalization application form
  • Original document together with 1 (one) copy:  To legalize documents at the Royal Thai Embassy in Bern, the documents must be at most five months old at receiving date. (*Except for the Attestation of Single status and criminal record, which must be no more than two months.) The process takes 3 to 5 working days, in a first-come, first-served order.

            The Embassy would not process the documents that do not meet the abovementioned requirements.


  • Translation document together with 1 (one) copy (if required): The document must be translated into Thai by a professional translator in Switzerland who has been produced a translation that has been legalized by Royal Thai Embassy before. A list of accredited translators can be found here: List of translators.
  • Copy of ID card or passport
  • For translation, please submit related documents to verify the spelling of Name-Surname and other information, for example, household registration, birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc.
  • An envelope with the applicant’s name and address with 6.80 Fr. stamps for Registered Post *Disclaimer: Royal Thai Embassy in Bern accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to posts.
  • Legalization fees (CASH ONLY)

​         - Legalization of signatures: CHF 20.00/ stamp. We accept applications for legalizing documents with stamps from State Chancellery OR Swiss Federal Chancellery OR State Chamber of Commerce and Industry ONLY. *Please note that the Apostille stamp is not accepted.

         - Legalization of translation: CHF 20.00/ one translated document.

         Legalization of translation of Court Order (Gerichtsurteil or Décision de la Cour): CHF 20.00/ 100 words. ** A PDF file of the Court Order translation must be sent to [email protected] in advance to get a fee confirmation. The confirmation will be sent back to the applicant by email.

*In case of legalization of more than 10 stamps, i.e., adoption documents, please get in touch with the Royal Thai Embassy in Bern directly at 031-970-3428 or [email protected]


4. The legalization process takes approximately 3 - 5 working days. The applicant will receive the legalized documents back by Registered Mail.


5. Submit all documents to finalized the legalization process at the Legalization Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Thailand. See more details (email: [email protected] , Tel: (+66) 02 575 1062 Ext. 4


6. The documents are ready to submit where it is required in Thailand.



Types of Document from Switzerland:

>> Documents issued by Swiss Federal Government

  • Married Certificate
  • Copy of ID card
  • Copy of Passport
  • Copy of driving license
  • Court Order
  • Death Certificate
  • Confirmation of Last Name Change
  • Confirmation of Single Status 
  • Confirmation Letter from Government School
  • Transcript from Government School
  • Criminal Record
  • Statutory Military Service Attestation, etc.

>> Documents issued by other Swiss organizations

  • Consent Letter from Parents for Child's Traveling
  • Consent Letter from Spouse for Buying-Selling Property in Thailand
  • Private Power of Attorney
  • Public Power of Attorney
  • Confirmation Letter from Private School
  • Transcript from Private School, etc.

>> Trade documents

  • Confirmation letter from Company
  • Diploma
  • Free Sales Certificate
  • Certificate of Origin
  • Guarantee Letter
  • Commercial Registration
  • Customer Satisfaction Letter
  • Certificate of Inspection
  • Certificate of Analysis
  • Beneficiary's certificate, etc.