Volunteer in a NGO or a charity organization
For those who volunteer for an NGO or a charity organization
Applicants can ONLY apply in person for a visa, no longer than 90 days before your traveling date from Monday – Friday from 09:00 – 12:00 hours. (except our national holidays) and applicants have to make an online appointment at https://thaiembassy.ch/Appointment in order to submit your visa application at the counter of Visa Section, Royal Thai Embassy in Bern.
Please kindly note that visa application takes approximately 5-7 working days after the receipt of completed required documents.
1. Original passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months of the day of your departure from Thailand
2. Completed visa application form
3. 2 recent passport-sized photographs taken within the past 6 months (3.5 x 4.5 cm.)
4. A copy of travel booking or ticket reservation (from Switzerland to Thailand, and outbound flight from Thailand or from one of our neighbouring countries)
5. Confirmation letter issued by the NGO or charity organization, stating duration of stay, and duties
6. Copy of passport or Thai ID of the organization director
7. For a Thai NGO, a copy of the organization’s registration
8. For a foreign NGO, a copy of approval letter for operation in Thailand
9. For volunteered teacher or engaged with children (under 20 years old) in an activity, an original criminal record issued by concerned authorities in the country of residence with validity not less than 3 months
10. In case applicant will stay longer than 90 days in Thailand, an Approval letter issued by the Ministry Labour and Social Welfare (Form WP.3) is required. In order to obtain this letter, the company in Thailand must submit the application at the office of Foreign Wokers Administration Department of Employment or at the Provinvial Employment Office.
11. For non-Swiss nationals, a copy of valid residence permit to stay in Switzerland (front and back side)
12. A copy of current bank statement the pass 3 months
13. Visa Fee in cash only : 80 CHF for three month with single entry
14. In case that applicant’s passport shall be sent back by post, an envelope with applicant’s address and CHF 6.30 of stamps are required. The embassy does not accept any responsibility for any kind of loss or damage from post service.
15. For Chinese passport holder, if the contract is longer than 90 days, visa application must be submitted 5-10 weeks before your departure date from Switzerland
16. For Nigerian, Afghanistan, Iraq, and North Korea passport holder, please kindly find more information on Note at How to apply for a visa
- The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary and reserves the right to reject any application without having to provide reason
- Visa will be granted for a single entry only. Upon arrival, travellers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period not exceeding 90 days per entry.
- Extension of stay and Re-Entry Permit can be requested at the Immigration Bureau. For further information, please visit www.immigration.go.th or contact +66 (0) 2 209 1100