Joining family member who resides in Thailand
Please kindly note that visa application takes approximately 5-7 working days after the receipt of completed required documents. Applicants can ONLY apply for a visa in person 3-5 weeks before the travelling date at the counter from Monday – Friday from 09:00 – 12:00 hours. (except our national holidays) We accept ONLY appointments.
1. Original passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months of the day of your departure from Thailand
2. Completed visa application form
3. 2 recent passport-sized photographs taken within the past 6 months (3.5 x 4.5 cm.)
4. A copy of an evidence of relationship between the family member/s and the applicant e.g. valid marriage certificate, a copy of birth certificate, etc.
5. Supporting documents of the relevant immediate family member who lives in Thailand
6. A copy of a bank statement showing a deposit at the amount equal to no less than 500,000 Baht
7. For non-Swiss nationals, a copy of valid residence permit to stay in Switzerland (front and back side)
8. Visa Fee in cash only : 80 CHF for three month with single entry
9. In case that applicant’s passport shall be sent back by post, an envelope with applicant’s address and CHF 6.30 of stamps are required. The embassy does not accept any responsibility for any kind of loss or damage from post service.
For Chinese passport holder, if the contract is longer than 90 days, visa application must be submitted 5-10 weeks before your departure date from Switzerland