Joining family member who resides in Thailand
Applicants can ONLY apply in person for a visa, no longer than 90 days before your traveling date from Monday – Friday from 09:00 – 12:00 hours. (except our national holidays) and applicants have to make an online appointment at https://thaiembassy.ch/Appointment in order to submit your visa application at the counter of Visa Section, Royal Thai Embassy in Bern.
Please kindly note that visa application takes approximately 5-7 working days after the receipt of completed required documents.
1. Original passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months of the day of your departure from Thailand
2. Completed visa application form
3. 2 recent passport-sized photographs taken within the past 6 months (3.5 x 4.5 cm.)
4. A copy of an evidence of relationship between the family member/s and the applicant e.g. valid marriage certificate, a copy of birth certificate, etc.
5. Supporting documents of the relevant immediate family member who lives in Thailand
- Copy of passport
- Copy of residence permit / visa / work permit
- Apartment / house contract
6. A copy of a bank statement showing a deposit at the amount equal to no less than 500,000 Baht
7. For non-Swiss nationals, a copy of valid residence permit to stay in Switzerland (front and back side)
8. Visa Fee in cash only : 80 CHF for three month with single entry
9. In case that applicant’s passport shall be sent back by post, an envelope with applicant’s address and CHF 6.30 of stamps are required. The embassy does not accept any responsibility for any kind of loss or damage from post service.
10. For Chinese passport holder, if the contract is longer than 90 days, visa application must be submitted 5-10 weeks before your departure date from Switzerland
11. For Nigerian, Afghanistan, Iraq, and North Korea passport holder, please kindly find more information on Note at How to apply for a visa
- The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary and reserves the right to reject any application without having to provide reason
- Visa will be granted for a single entry only. Upon arrival, travellers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period not exceeding 90 days per entry.
- For longer stay than 90 days, please contact the Immigration Bureau in your residence area in Thailand for Stay Permit (up to 1 year) and Re-Entry Permit (Single or Multiple). For further information, please visit www.immigration.go.th or contact +66 (0) 2 209 1100. For further information, please visit www.immigration.go.th or contact +66 (0) 2 209 1100