Non-Immigrant Visa category ‘O’
In order to apply for this type of visa applicant must be 50 years of age and above on the date of submitting an application.
Please kindly note that visa application takes approximately within 5-7 working days after the receipt of completed required documents. Applicant can ONLY personally apply for a visa 3-10 weeks before the travelling date at the counter of Visa Section at Royal Thai Embassy in Bern from Monday – Friday from 09:00 – 12:00 hours. (except national holidays) We accept both appointments and walk-ins.
1. Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
2. Applicant must have permanent residence or residence permit in Switzerland (Permit C)
3. Completed visa application form
4. 2 recent passport-sized photographs taken within the past 6 months (3.5 x 4.5 cm.)
5. A copy of travel booking or ticket reservation (from Switzerland to Thailand, and outbound flight from Thailand or from one of our neighbouring countries)
6. A copy of a bank statement showing a deposit at the amount equal to no less than 800,000 Baht in the past 3 months, or an income certificate with a monthly salary of no less than 65,000 Baht.
7. An original criminal record issued from the country of applicant’s current residence. The verification shall be valid for no more than 3 months.
8. An original medical certificate issued from the country where the application is submitted. Applicant must not have prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E 2535) which are (1) Leprosy (2) Tuberculosis (3) Elephantiasis (4) Drug addiction, and (5) third phase of Syphilis. The certificate shall be valid for no more than 3 months.
9. Apartment/house rental/buying contract in Thailand. If you are staying with someone, please provide an invitation letter signed by the accommondation sponsor plus a copy of his/her passport, Thai identification, and residence permit in Thailand.