- For tourism purpose, passport holders of countries that do not appear on the list are required to obtain a visa before entering Thailand for tourism purpose.
- Passport holders of any nationalities who are planning to stay in Thailand as tourists for longer than the period of stay given on the list must obtain a tourist visa before entering Thailand.
- Travelers who travel for any other purposes apart from tourism must obtain an appropriate visa before entering Thailand.
- Passport holders from some countries and territories may apply for a Visa on Arrival (VOA) at the Immigration Checkpoints for the purpose of tourism for a period not exceeding 15 days (such period cannot be extended).
- Travelers who hold a Swiss travel documents (Reiseausweis) must apply for a visa before entering Thailand and can only apply for a visa at the Royal Thai Embassy in Berne.
* Swiss Temporary Passport (provisional passport/ emergency passport) with validity not less than 6 months upon the return to residence country is accepted by the Immigration Bureau in Thailand.