Non-Immigrant Visa category ‘O’
In order to apply for this type of visa applicant must be 50 years of age and above on the date of submitting an application.
From 11 November 2020, holders of Non-immigrant O (Retirement) visa are entitled to apply for a Certificate of Entry (CoE) to enter Thailand under Thai Government’s Covid19 measures. Please see instruction for CoE application at 11. Non-Thai national who hold a valid Non-Immigrant O (Retirement Visa) or a valid re-entry permit (Retirement) https://www.thaiembassy.ch/Content/Embassy/163.html
Please kindly note that visa application takes approximately within 5-7 working days after the receipt of completed required documents. Applicant can ONLY personally apply for a visa 3-10 weeks before the travelling date at the counter of Visa Section at Royal Thai Embassy in Bern from Monday – Friday from 09:00 – 12:00 hours. (except national holidays)
1. Original passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months of the day of your departure from Thailand
2. Applicant must hold an ordinary passport of Switzerland or must have permanent residence / residence permit in Switzerland (Permit C)
3. Completed visa application form
4. 2 recent passport-sized photographs taken within the past 6 months (3.5 x 4.5 cm.)
5. (Not required at the moment) A copy of travel booking or ticket reservation (from Switzerland to Thailand, one way or round trip)
6. Financial confirmations; a bank statement (in Switzerland or Thailand) showing a deposit at the amount equal to no less than 800,000 Baht in the past 3 months, or an income certificate with a monthly salary of no less than 65,000 Baht.
- The amount of 800,000 THB can be as follows
- Cash in private or saving bank account = 800,000 THB
- Cash in private or saving bank account + your monthly income (12 months) = 800,000 THB
- Monthly income (12 months) in total per year = 800,000 THB
7. Two (2) copies of insurance certificate indicate that applicants have insurance for out-patient not less than 40,000 Baht and for in-patient not less than 400,000 Baht.
8. An original criminal record issued from the country of applicant’s from country of permanent residence. The certificate must not be valid more than 3 months. It must state that the applicant is not registered in the criminal record.
9. An original medical certificate issued from the country where the application is submitted. Applicant must not have prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E 2535) which are (1) Leprosy (2) Tuberculosis (3) Elephantiasis (4) Drug addiction, and (5) third phase of Syphilis. The certificate must not be valid more than 3 months
10. Apartment/house rental/buying contract in Thailand (at least the first two months).
- If applicants staying in their own house/condo, please submit two a copy of first page of yellow book or title deed (cha-nod; โฉนด), and buying agreement
- If applicants staying in hotel / rental house-condo-apartment, please submit a copy of hotel confirmation with hotel contact details or rental/leasing agreement with copies of the owner Thai ID or foreigner's passport.
- If applicants are staying with a Thai natioanl, please submit an invitation letter signed by the Thai national plus a copies of his/her Thai identification and house register (Ta-bian-baan).
- If applicants are staying with a foreigner, please submit an invitation letter signed by the foreigner and a copy of the foreigner's passport and evediences of the foreigner's owning / renting / leasing the accommodation, please refer to above information.
11. For non-Swiss nationals, a copy of valid residence permit to stay in Switzerland
12. Visa Fee in cash only : 80 CHF for three month with single entry
13. In case that applicant’s passport shall be sent back by post, an envelope with applicant’s address and CHF 7 of stamps are required. The embassy does not accept any responsibility for any kind of loss or damage from post service.
14. For Chinese passport holder, if duration of stay is longer than 90 days, the visa process will take up to 3-4 months.
15. For Nigerian, Afghanistan, Iraq, and North Korea passport holder, please kindly find more information on Note at How to apply for a visa
- The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary and the right to reject any application without having to provide a reason.
- Upon arrival, travellers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period not exceeding 90 days per entry. If you wish to stay longer than 90 days, please kindly contact the Immigration Bureau in Thailand for Stay Permit and Re-Entry Permit.
- Extension of stay and Re-Entry Permit can be requested at the Immigration Bureau. For further information, please visit www.immigration.go.th or contact +66 (0) 2 209 1100