Non-Immigrant Visa category ‘O’
In order to apply for this type of visa applicant must be 50 years of age and above on the date of submitting an application.
Please kindly note that visa application takes approximately within 5-7 working days after the receipt of completed required documents. Applicant can ONLY personally apply for a visa 3-10 weeks before the travelling date at the counter of Visa Section at Royal Thai Embassy in Bern from Monday – Friday from 09:00 – 12:00 hours. (except national holidays)
1. Original passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months of the day of your departure from Thailand
2. Applicant must hold an ordinary passport of Switzerland or must have permanent residence / residence permit in Switzerland (Permit C)
3. Completed visa application form
4. 2 recent passport-sized photographs taken within the past 6 months (3.5 x 4.5 cm.)
5. A copy of travel booking or ticket reservation (from Switzerland to Thailand, one way or round trip)
6. Financial confirmations; a bank statement (in Switzerland or Thailand) showing a deposit at the amount equal to no less than 800,000 Baht in the past 3 months, or an income certificate with a monthly salary of no less than 65,000 Baht.
- The amount of 800,000 THB can be as follows
- Cash in private or saving bank account = 800,000 THB
- Cash in private or saving bank account + your monthly income (12 months) = 800,000 THB
- Monthly income (12 months) in total per year = 800,000 THB
7. An original criminal record issued from the country of applicant’s from country of permanent residence. The certificate must not be valid more than 3 months.
8. An original medical certificate issued from the country where the application is submitted. Applicant must not have prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E 2535) which are (1) Leprosy (2) Tuberculosis (3) Elephantiasis (4) Drug addiction, and (5) third phase of Syphilis. The certificate must not be valid more than 3 months
9. Apartment/house rental/buying contract in Thailand (at least the first two months).
- If you are staying with a Thai natioanl, please provide an invitation letter signed by the Thai national plus a copies of his/her Thai identification and house register (Ta-bian-baan).
- If you are staying with a foreigner, please provide an invitation letter signed by the foreigner and a copy of the foreigner's passport and residence permit/visa for Thailand.
10. For non-Swiss nationals, a copy of valid residence permit to stay in Switzerland
11. Visa Fee in cash only : 80 CHF for three month with single entry
12. In case that applicant’s passport shall be sent back by post, an envelope with applicant’s address and CHF 7 of stamps are required. The embassy does not accept any responsibility for any kind of loss or damage from post service.
13. For Chinese passport holder, if duration of stay is longer than 90 days, the visa process will take up to 3-4 months.
14. For Nigerian, Afghanistan, Iraq, and North Korea passport holder, please kindly find more information on Note at How to apply for a visa
- The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary and the right to reject any application without having to provide a reason.
- Upon arrival, travellers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period not exceeding 90 days per entry. If you wish to stay longer than 90 days, please kindly contact the Immigration Bureau in Thailand for Stay Permit and Re-Entry Permit.
- Extension of stay and Re-Entry Permit can be requested at the Immigration Bureau. For further information, please visit www.immigration.go.th or contact +66 (0) 2 209 1100