In order to maintain the continuity of COVID-19 prevention and control measures, the Royal Thai Government does not allow the entry into the Kingdom of non-Thai nationals during this outbreak until further notice.
However, non-Thai nationals who are qualified in one of the categories, according to the notification of the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand dated 2nd July 2020, are able to apply for a Certificate of Entry (CoE) to enter the Kingdom of Thailand.
Both Thais and Non-Thai Nationals entitled to enter the country MUST have a Certificate of Entry (CoE) to be able to board the aircraft. In order to apply for a CoE with Royal Thai Embassy Bern, your originating point of departure must be from Switzerland only.
Instructions and Details as follow:
List of categories of persons who are eligible to apply for a "Certificate of Entry"
1. Thai Nationals who hold valid Thai passport/ แนวปฎิบัติสำหรับผู้มีสัญชาติไทยในสวิตเซอร์แลนด์ที่ประสงค์จะเดินทางเข้าประเทศไทย (กรุณาคลิกที่นี่)
2. Non-Thai nationals who hold diplomatic/Official/laissez-passer passport
3. Non-Thai nationals who are spouse, parents or children of Thai nationals (Click here for instruction.)
4. Non-Thai nationals who hold a valid certificate of residence or have permission to take up
5. Non-Thai nationals who hold a valid work permit / business meeting / investors / business seeking or are allowed to work in the Kingdom,
including their spouse and children (Click here for instruction.)
6. Non-Thai nationals who are students of educational institution, certified by Thai authorities,
including the parents or guardians (Click here for instruction.)
7. Non-Thai nationals who are in urgent need of medical treatment in Thailand, including
8. Non-Thai nationals who hold valid Non-Immigrant Visa (O-A and O-X) (Click here for instruction.)
Remark: Holders of Non-Immigrant O (Retirement) who have received annual stay permit from Thai Immigration are NOT entitled to enter Thailand under Thailand's COVID-19 measures. If you wish to apply for Non-Immigrant O-A visa, please see more information at https://www.thaiembassy.ch/Content/Embassy/59.html
Only applicants from low risk countries are eligible to apply for Tourist 60 days visa and STV.
Switzerland is currently listed as a high risk country. Effective date is to be confirmed.
10. Non-Thai nationals who hold a valid Elite visa and approval letter of Thailand Elite Member Quarantine Programme (TEMQ) (Click here for instruction.)
List of semi-commercial flights transporting entitled passengers entering Thailand, please click here.
UPDATED (8 Oct 2020)
20 October 2020